Saturday, November 3, 2012

Poll Results for the Question, What Percentage of People in English-speaking Nations Will Hear a Strong End-time Warning Before the Tribulation

The poll I have been displaying asked the question, "In your opinion or estimate, what percent of adults in English-speaking nations will hear a strong warning from the Church of God about the tribulation BEFORE the tribulation begins?"

Although I have planned to keep this poll open longer, I am closing early because there seems to be technical problems with the poll - results keep disappearing. I first noticed the problem a week or so ago. Up to that time about 10-12 people had responded, but the results changed to zero overnight. Then, just recently the results came back. I mentally noted the numbers in case the results disappeared again, and sure enough they did.

So I am closing this poll and will report the results of the votes of those who responded so far. Probably I will wait a while before I have more polls until I have more confidence, or more hope, that results will not vanish.

Here are the responses I received for this question:

3 people (25%) said they thought 90-100 % would hear a warning before the tribulation.

3 people (25%) said 50-90 %.

2 people (17%) said 10-50 %.

3 people (25%) said less than 10 %.

1 person (8%) responded, "no opinion."

I believe these numbers are accurate or very close, but I am relying on memory. I did not expect the results to disappear a second time.

I myself voted in this poll and am one of the three who said 90-100% would hear a warning before the tribulation begins.


Here is why I believe most or all adults in the English-speaking nations of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand will hear a strong warning message of the tribulation to come BEFORE the tribulation begins, while there is still time for them to repent if they so choose.

God is a God of love, and the Bible shows that it is God's way to give warnings of consequences of sin and warnings of His punishments that are coming, BEFORE the punishment comes. You can see that theme throughout the Bible, literally from Genesis to Revelation.

Genesis 2:17: "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." Notice, God did not just command the man but not tell him the consequences of disobedience. He also warned him what would happen if he disobeyed.

Revelation 22:18-19: "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

God made Jonah give a warning message to Nineveh when Jonah wanted to run away (Jonah 1:1-3, 3:1-10, 4:1-3, 11). God told Ezekiel the blood of the people would be on his head if he did not warn the people (Ezekiel 3:16-27, 33:1-11). In Proverbs, God teaches us to hold back those headed towards destruction (Proverbs 24:11). Giving someone the warning he or she needs is an expression of love, and God is love (1 John 4:8).

God warned ancient Israel by the prophets, and they were persecuted for it, but God was determined to give the warning before He sent them into captivity. The books of Moses are full of warnings of the consequences of sin (Deuteronomy 4:25-28, 28:15-68).

So it is God's way to warn. And all things are possible for God (Matthew 19:26, 28:18). So why would not God empower the Church to give the English-speaking people, all of them, a strong warning before the tribulation comes?

People need to hear a warning message from God BEFORE the tribulation begins so that they know that God was fair to warn them while they still had time to repent. Then, in the tribulation, they can remember that they heard the warning and accept responsibility for their failure to heed the warning, and in accepting their responsibility for the punishment that comes upon them, they can begin to repent, which is a necessary prerequisite for Israel to become a model nation for other nations to follow in the millennium. But if any man or woman goes into the tribulation without first hearing a warning, that man or woman will tend to blame God. That person will say, "I didn't know I was wrong to keep Christmas and Easter and Sunday - nobody told me that was wrong, so how could I know? This isn't my fault. God isn't fair to punish me. If I heard a warning, I would have heeded it, but God never gave me a chance." That is not an attitude that leads to repentance.

How would you like to deal with someone like that in the millennium?

So, in my opinion, God will somehow empower the Church or some part of the Church to get a warning message out to all the tribes of Israel, all who will go through the tribulation, before the tribulation begins. I do not know how. Maybe He will bless the Church financially, enough to get a strong message out to everyone. Perhaps He will give some ministers or leaders in the Church of God miracle working powers that will cause people to pay attention. I do not know. I only know that God has the power to make it happen.


Here are links to related chapters or sections in Preaching the Gospel:

Chapter 4 - Why Preach the Gospel

Chapter 3 - The Ezekiel Warning



No comments: